Research Methods for Mental Health Counselors
Research Study Proposal Part A: Research Focus
In a separate document, write a 350- to 500-word paper that introduces your proposal and includes responses to the prompts below. Be sure to answer thoroughly and in complete sentences, citing your textbook or other sources as support, where appropriate.
· Identify a topic of interest for the research proposal due in Week 8.
· Describe the topic of interest and rationale for research based on its application in the counseling profession.
· Identify your initial research question (what do you want to know?).
· Describe how your proposed topic will address or incorporate cultural awareness, cultural sensitivity, and/or diversity.
Note: Your instructor will provide you with feedback on your progress and on the feasibility of your topic and design.
Format any citations according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment.
Research Study Proposal Part B: Literature Review
In a separate document, create an annotated bibliography that includes 5-7 articles related to your research proposal. Be sure to:
· Create the bibliography in a separate document.
· Use correct APA citation.
· Use a variety of resources.
· Use categories/headings, if necessary.
· Refer to the following helpful resources as needed:
· Center for Writing Excellence: Annotated Bibliography
· Section 9.51 of the APA Publication Manual (7th ed.)
Include a short paragraph for each article that summarizes the article and answers the following questions:
· What are the key concepts or arguments presented in the article?
· How do you plan to use the article?
· How do the articles address cultural sensitivity and/or diversity?
Note: Use the format below to organize your annotated bibliography. Continue with this format, ensuring you have 5-7 articles listed.