Discuss the benefits of virtualization software, as described in the text. Do you agree/disagree with these benefits, or can you think of additional benefits not already presented? Also discuss the security concerns highlighted by server sprawl and how you would propose to solve those in your (real or hypothetical) organization.
Please make your initial post and two response posts substantive. A substantive post will do at least TWO of the following:
· Ask an interesting, thoughtful question pertaining to the topic
· Answer a question (in detail) posted by another student or the instructor
· Provide extensive additional information on the topic
· Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail
· Share an applicable personal experience
· Provide an outside source (for example, an article from the UC Library) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA)
· Make an argument concerning the topic.
At least one scholarly source should be used in the initial discussion thread. Be sure to use information from your readings and other sources from the UC Library. Use proper citations and references in your post.
Mobile devices (smartphones) are the number one Internet-connected device. Mobile devices are also a threat to organizations’ networks as these devices have storage mediums, Near Field Communication (NFC), and other technological advances that make them undeniable dangerous as an access point for malicious individuals. We carry them nearly everywhere we go. Android is an open-source that allows customization to the operating system and is considered static. While iOS is not open source and controlled by Apple, however, users can jailbreak them which lowers the security and expose the device to vulnerabilities.
What process do you propose to mitigate the threats towards mobile devices?
Participants must create a thread in order to view other threads in this forum.
Main Post is due by the end of Wednesday (250 words).
2 Responses (100 words) using at least one of the following:
· Ask a probing question.
· Offer a suggestion.
· Elaborate on a particular point.
· Provide an alternative opinion.