RESEARCH DESIGN ASSIGNMENT —
This is the most crucial part of your study. Chapter 11, 12, 14 and 15 of Remler will be your best guides.
Make sure you have the constructs , definitions and measures clearly delineated before you start this process.
(This would come from the literature review and your model )
Research design covers how you plan to conduct the study. You will have to cover :
1. Type (correlational, longitudinal, experiment- if so what kind…)
2.Population and sample size
3. Unit of analysis
4. What are the confounds and/or controls? (exogenous/ endogenous variables)
5. Omitted or measured variables
6. If experiments, any bias in treatment or selection?
7. For the survey- the instrument, (questions, source…) cover validity and reliability issues here
8. How will you conduct the study?